How many points can I make in a body paragraph?

How many points can I make in a body paragraph?

Kevin, SLC Writing Tutor
Should I only make one point or can I blend together a multitude of ideas?

Re: How many points can I make in a body paragraph?

Mike, SLC Tutor
I am unsure about what exactly you mean by this? Can you please elaborate…

Re: How many points can I make in a body paragraph?

Julia, SLC Writing Tutor
I would suggest to use one main point per paragraph as you don't want to be packing a lot of various ideas into one paragraph. I look at it as something like this - you write your paper using one main argument and then you support that argument by multiple sub arguments or sub claims that you will need to discuss in each separate paragraph.