How do I decide what topics to choose in a body paragraph?

How do I decide what topics to choose in a body paragraph?

matthew, SLC Tutor
There are several techniques out there for compiling the information required to pick your body paragraph topics. Can anyone share some of their techniques for brainstorming topics that will later be used as body paragraphs?

Re: How do I decide what topics to choose in a body paragraph?

Julia, SLC Writing Tutor
For body paragraphs I usually create a little map or write an outline: I write down my general topic and then I divide that topic into multiple subtopics or multiple points that I would be addressing in each of the paragraphs. So The big argument can be divided into many sub arguments (those too can be divided or broken down into smaller arguments as well) and then write down what you want to say about those sub arguments including your evidence/ secondary sources and quotes you will be using. After you map everything out - writing a 10 page paper will be a piece of cake!